Individual Tool Lending
Victory Garden Tool Lending
- Pickup times are limited to Thursdays 3pm-7pm. Tool return times are limited to Tuesdays 3pm-7pm.
- Tools may be kept for 1 week max, unless otherwise approved.
- There will be no fees charged to borrow the tools, but the Richmond ToolBank reserves the right to request a deposit for the tools borrowed.
- Tools are limited to the Tool Order list below and may only be borrowed in order to create and maintain a garden.
- Tools may not be loaned to other individuals, organizations and/or companies at any time.
- Tool order and project description form must be submitted at least 3 business days prior to requested pickup.
- Tool Use Agreement Form and Project Garden Project Application must be signed by borrower prior to use of tools.
- Richmond ToolBank has maintains the right to deny any tool request submission for any reason.
- Individuals are responsible for the cost to replace any damaged or lost tools.
- All tool borrowers must complete the Victory Garden Proposal and sign the Liability Waiver.
Tools in Three Quick Steps
Check out the Garden Tool Inventory List
Choose from 45 essential garden tools to build, plant and maintain your garden!
Submit the Victory Garden Tool Request
We process each tool request individually and will send you an order and pickup confirmation when complete.
Pick Up Tools, Get to Gardening!
Pick up your tools at the scheduled time and get to work in your garden! Make sure you return your order at the agreed time.
Waiver of Liability
In consideration of the loan by the Richmond ToolBank (Lender) to Borrower, of the tools and equipment (the “Equipment”) and the donation of supplies and materials (the “Materials”) listed on the attached, Borrower agrees to borrow the Equipment and use the Materials in accordance with the following terms and conditions: (1) Borrower accepts the Equipment and Materials in “as is” condition; (2) Borrower agrees to return the Equipment to Lender’s warehouse at 1407 Cummings Drive Richmond, VA 23220 at the agreed upon return time; (3) Borrower agrees to provide a cash deposit in an amount sufficient to cover the cost of the Equipment not returned, or that is returned damaged (as determined by Lender in Lender’s sole discretion) with new equipment of equal value; 4) Borrower agrees to comply with all terms of this Agreement, the Borrowing Agreement and the Warehouse Procedure, as the same may be amended from time to time; (5) Borrower hereby agrees, for them self, to release, discharge and hold forever harmless Lender, its officers and directors, employees, agents, and volunteers from all claims, demands and actions for injuries sustained to Borrower or any of their property as a result of this Agreement or any of the Equipment or Materials loaned or used in connection herewith, and from any cause of action, claim, or suit arising therefrom; (6) Borrower hereby acknowledges that its use of the Materials and Equipment are (i) without an instruction or supervision, (ii) at Borrower’s own risk and (iii) that Lender expressly disclaims any warrant regarding the condition or fitness for particular use of any of the Equipment or Materials provided hereunder; and (7) Borrower attests that its use of the Materials and Equipment are strictly for the creation and care of a victory garden, that no services or materials are being provided to any recipient for any charge of cost, and that no services or materials are being re-sold or returned to any retailer, vendor or manufacturer for refund, or being used in any manner inconsistent with the Borrowing Agreement or Lender’s status as a 501c(3) tax deductible charitable organization; (8) Borrower acknowledges receipt of the Equipment and Materials listed above; (9) Borrower acknowledges that they have read and understood the foregoing terms and conditions or this release, and the undersigned affirms he/she has all requisite power and authority to enter into this Agreement on behalf of Borrower.
Victory Garden Tool Request Form
Apply for a Membership Today
TOOLS AS SOON AS TOMORROW
A Few Quick Things to Note
- Please be prepared to upload documentation of your not-for-profit status while applying.
This serves as proof of your eligibility to borrow ToolBank tools. Please refer to the Membership Eligibility FAQ to view acceptable forms of documentation.
- Our online application is optimized for Internet Explorer 10 in Compatibility Mode.
Please click here for instructions on Compatibility Mode.
- Please remember to write down your password.
The application process creates a user account for you in our online tool ordering system, which is how you will order tools and manage your account.
If your agency is eligible to become a ToolBank member and you have documentation of your not-for-profit status handy, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to begin your membership application. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Toby Vernon, Executive Director, at (804) 219-0606 or email@example.com.