Tools for Good
TOOLBANK MEMBER LOGIN
BECOME A TOOLBANK MEMBER
- Pickup times are limited to Thursdays 3pm-7pm. Tool return times are limited to Tuesdays 3pm-7pm.
- Tools may be kept for 1 week max, unless otherwise approved.
- There will be no fees charged to borrow the tools, but the Richmond ToolBank reserves the right to request a deposit for the tools borrowed.
- Tools are limited to the Tool Order list below and may only be borrowed in order to create and maintain a garden.
- Tools may not be loaned to other individuals, organizations and/or companies at any time.
- Tool order and project description form must be submitted at least 3 business days prior to requested pickup.
- Tool Use Agreement Form and Project Garden Project Application must be signed by borrower prior to use of tools.
- Richmond ToolBank has maintains the right to deny any tool request submission for any reason.
- Individuals are responsible for the cost to replace any damaged or lost tools.
- All tool borrowers must complete the Victory Garden Proposal and sign the Liability Waiver.
Cultivator: long handle
Hand trowel w/ cutting edge
Pick axe: cutter mattock
Pick axe: mini pick mattock
Pick axe: pick mattock
Pitchfork: 4-tine digging fork
Pitchfork: long handle
Plastic bucket: 5 gal
Safety glasses: standard
Safety glasses: tinted
Shovel: round head
Shovel: square head
Water hose: 50ft
Wheelbarrow: 4cu ft
Wheelbarrow: 6cu ft
Work gloves: cloth
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Apply for a Membership Today
TOOLS AS SOON AS TOMORROW
Complete applications are usually approved in less than 24 hours. Once your application is approved, your agency is immediately eligible to borrow tools. Members can submit a tool order at any time by clicking the ‘Order Tools’ button to the right. It’s fast and easy, and ToolBank staff will contact you as soon as possible to confirm your order and pickup appointment.
Member Agencies pay a Tool Handling Fee equal to 3% of the retail value of each tool borrowed per week. Tools may be borrowed from one to eight weeks. Click here to see the handling fee by tool type.
Overdue tools accrue late fees at 6% of the retail value of each tool borrowed value every week until the tools are returned, replaced, or its replacement cost is paid in full
Member Agencies are assessed a replacement cost in the event that a tool is declared lost, parts are missing, or the tool is broken or no longer usable due to misuse or abuse. We do not charge replacement fees for tools broken during their intended use, so long as the broken tool is returned.
Member Agencies are assessed a cleaning fee if tools are returned excessively dirty or returned with dried paint, caulk, mud, or other substances. Agencies are given the opportunity to clean tools before fees are assessed.
For question related to our fees or to get an estimate of what your project might cost, give us a call at (804) 219-0606 or email our Executive Director, Toby Vernon, at email@example.com.
A Few Quick Things to Note
Before you begin your application, please note the following:
- Please be prepared to upload documentation of your not-for-profit status while applying.
This serves as proof of your eligibility to borrow ToolBank tools. Please refer to the Membership Eligibility FAQ to view acceptable forms of documentation.
- Our online application is optimized for Internet Explorer 10 in Compatibility Mode.
Please click here for instructions on Compatibility Mode.
- Please remember to write down your password.
The application process creates a user account for you in our online tool ordering system, which is how you will order tools and manage your account.
If your agency is eligible to become a ToolBank member and you have documentation of your not-for-profit status handy, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to begin your membership application. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Toby Vernon, Executive Director, at (804) 219-0606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.